Yoga therapy is individual therapy according to the individual's constitution, age, disposition, and presenting health issues.
To begin this working relationship, I will meet with clients for an initial assessment and then provide them with a customized program including but not limited to such tools and techniques as :
- yoga asana (postures),
- pranayama (breathing exercises),
- guided meditation and mantra,
- therapeutic massage, thai yoga massage, reiki,energy work, chakras
- educational teachings on the yamas and niyama (rules for living healthy lives).
Yoga therapy involves much more than a private yoga class with yoga asanas (postures) and breath work, as it includes meditation, counseling and a holistic approach to meeting your goals (nutrition, counseling, journaling, etc). Yoga therapy also includes a customized take home program and homework.
My services include such offerings as:
- Yoga Therapy & Pathophysiology for Chronic Pain
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer, End-of-Life & Chronic Illness
- Yoga Therapy for Trauma (incl. PTSD) and Grief
- Yoga Therapy for Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Cosmology, Psychology & the Chakras
- Yoga Therapy for Depression & Anxiety
- Structural Alignment Therapy (Universal Principles of Alignment)
- Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra
- Ayurvedic Medicine